Monday 19 March 2012

River!!!!

So the paths are clear of snow it's 25 degrees and the running is good!!! Well ok I'm still slow but defiantly getting stronger!! I am love love loving being outside in the sun and was totally over dressed in a long sleeve shirt today! It was great!!! Also was working at SAIL all week packaging bags and working as a "celebrity" packer! Amazing thing is I think I was actually pretty good at it!!!! SAIL even offered me a job although Im not sure how serious that offer was :). I very rarely had anyone say no and was often getting 5 dollar bills and even a few 20s tossed in my bucket!! It really reinforced my decision to do something good! I was amazed to see how supportive the community was when I told them about TNT my choice to go to Alaska and my story in general! Others were supportive of Lls and it was hard to hear how many people had loved ones who were suffering or in remission. It reminded me alot of what we went through when grandma got sick and it forced me to relive a lot of that pain, I wish she could have survived the way some of their relatives did!! I guess that's the hard part about doing this for charity you hear so many sad stories, but there are also wonderful stories of survival that are truely inspiring!

Check out my picture of the GREEN there is GREEN ... This was such a short winter but I am still glad it's over and happy to see spring which even on march 19 feels like summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment