Tuesday 13 March 2012

BACK AT 'ER!

So as some of you may know I have been really really really sick.  First I had strep, then a sinus infection ear infection and pink eye, ALL AT ONCE!!  Sooo was feeling good got rid of that and then BAM ... the flu from hell that knocked me so far on my A@@ I didn't get out of bed for almost a week!!!!  I still have a horrible lingering cough, but that is much easier to work through then the horrible malaise I was feeling for the last 2.5 weeks.  I am feeling recovered now and ready to rock and ... run!!!

So here is how my progress is going ... Last night I RAN, yes that is right RAN the complete 5 km no walking at all!!  AMAZING!!  Well ok to be fair for some reason around 3 km in EVERY run I have to stop to go to the bathroom (ICK!!) so there was that short break.  But other then that ran the whole way!!!  it took me less then 40 mins (which might not sound good ... but is GREAT for me) and that was with the bathroom break!  Also on the weekend I went out for 2 hours not really sure how far I went just allowed myself to get lost.  I tried to map out a general route, and it looks like it was just over 10 km.  

I can't believe how well I am doing I am so proud of myself this week! 

GO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment