Thursday 23 February 2012

RALLY CALL!!!

So things seem to be coming along nicely.  I am training and working hard to get some materials ready to really get into the thick of the fundraising.  Most importantly I am EXCITED!!!  We had our first RALLY CALL on Saturday and I am super pumped to get going on this!  Now I have to take all that energy and focus it into getting things done.

I also went shopping!!!  I thought running would be a nice inexpensive activity... BOY WAS I WRONG!! I mean really all you need is a pair of shoes right?  Well apparently you need a whole wardrobe, WHO KNEW?  I went into the Running Room to get a new pair of shoes and came out with a new pair of shoes a new pair of pants, a base layer, a wind breaker, 2 pairs of socks, and a sweater.  Aside from the shoes, which were not something I wanted to cheap out on, I got some pretty great deals!!  After buying all of that you would think I would have splurged and bought a little belt with a water bottle in it but for some reason I decided to forgo this essential item.  It is actually a bit of a regret.  I really enjoyed splurging on a new pair of runners and thought it would be important given the amount of time I would spend in them.  The running room was super professional and accessed my walking technique and matched me with a great pair of sneakers that are waaaaaaaay more comfortable then the shoes I bought 7 years ago back in Uni.

MY NEW KICKS!!! 

I was so EXCITED to use my new gear that I decided a really great idea would be to take the dog for a run on the trail near our house.  The trail runs 5 kms so I thought I would do half turn around and get a 5 km run in.  So the reason this is up here is because it obviously turned into a tale of catastrophe!  THE DOG TRIED TO KILL ME!!!  Repeatedly.  He would run and run and run then STOP in front of my under my foot, under my step, tie the leash around my legs, then in a twist of fate he got off the leash and ran into someones back yard.  The trail was icy and slippery and just horrible, I was frustrated and angry and growing impatient.  The story doesn't end here, later at the local Independent Grocer, a woman came up to me and asked if I had a german shepard.  I said no, concerned that she might be angry that I left my dog in the car or worse saw me chasing my dog like a crazy woman on the trail.  It wasn't necessarily a lie, he's not a German shepard; he's an Australian shepard/Bernese mix.  It was of course the latter, she saw me a the crazy person, I couldn't help but think OHH NO what part of my crazy woman antics did she see?  In my mind I kept thinking I couldn't have been that crazy could I?  I didn't hit him or drag him I just kind of yelled angrily at something rustling in the bushes ... right, RIGHT, RIGHT???  The next part of the conversation went like this "He's SOOOOOO cute!!!"  Phew ... thank goodness, relief!  "We have a border collie, an I know how difficult they can be."  PHEW PHEW!  "Hey we should have a playdate."  WOOHOO she doesn't see me as the crazy lady infact she wants to hang out! HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!

So the point of the story is I am NEVER going to take Remy on another run with me!  Unless I want some more great bruises, and more scratches on my new shoes and more holes in my new clothes :(.   But depite all that at least my neighbours don't see me as the crazy lady ... well not that one!

     



1 comment: