Tuesday 28 February 2012

SUNDAY, SUNDAY ... SUNDAY!!!

Sunday seemed to be the day that just wouldn't end.  Got up at 6:00 am and was MOTIVATED!!  Decided to go downtown and join the TNT run group.  It was ok but definately a bit embarrasing.  I completed about 7 kms but it was a huge disappointment!  Very little of it was running, most of it was walking, and it was COLD COLD COLD... my car read -15 degrees and I heard it was less then -25 with the wind chill BURRRRRRRRR!!!  So anyways it was a hugely disappointing "run".  I am very grateful to my mentor who was with me the whole way freezing her toosh off.  So now I need to come up with a plan to quit worrying about the pain I am experiencing in my legs and try to turn running into a positive thing and not something that I have to force myself to do.  I'm thinking stay out of the freezing cold, start really slow and build up, and come up with a positive mantra that will help push through.   

Sunday evening a fellow team member held a comedy night!  I was lucky enough to be able to invite friends and co-workers to the night and it was a HUGE SUCCESS!!!  I was able to persuade 35 people to join in the fun and raised $400 SCORE!!!  I am not sure I will hold another of these because the people at absolute kind of stressed me out with their insane reservation policy.  It was borderline harassment!  Not to mention I was reprimanded 4 times while there for trying to communicate with my guests SHEESH!  Just wanted to make sure everyone was having a good time! 

Monday, I took the night off from running and went to bed at 6:30 I was exhausted!!  Back to in on wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment