Sunday 15 April 2012

TAKE THAT 8 MI!!!!

I DID IT!!! I just keep going further and further!  Okay so I am a bit slow, but slow and steady wins the race... or atleast builds confidence!!  SO I did the 8 miles today and I survived!  I am so proud of myself just for doing it!  The miles keep building and building and I am getting stronger and stronger and having more successes then I felt were possible, I am shocked at the distances I am travelling and just so proud I am doing them!  Time is for people who have something to prove, and I will get there one day when I start establishing some personal bests but for now its all about the miles and getting them in and getting them done, and most importantly feeling accomplished and successful just for doing them!

Also I said if I survived the 8 mi I would do a cold soak ... and I did that too!!! I turned the cold water on and cranked it,  filled it to where I thought it would cover my legs, put on a  bathingsuit and a sweater and slide in ... very ... very cautiously.  You know what I was surprised it really wasn't that bad.  My legs still feel like hell but while I was in the bath they felt FANTASTIC!  Will probably continue to do this after my long runs!  Tomorrow its a 5 km maintaince run and I have a feeling its going to be a tough one.

Either way I feel GREAT today!

Also I would like to SEND A BIG THANKS OUT TO Osana R. for watching the kids and letting me and Pat out of the house together!  That was amazing! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment