Wednesday 11 April 2012

WTF?? Your suggesting what?

So I got an e-mail from my run coach today, no words can describe it and it just needs to be posted in full text here:

    2. Brace Yourselves -- The Cold Soak...
    With mileage climbing fast, we need to bring this up -- something to consider after your next long training session -- the cold soak.
    After you get home, fill the bathtub with water as cold as the faucet will allow -- then slide in & soak for about 10-15 minutes.
    It sounds brutal, but the results are pretty convincing. The cold water is going to help reduce any inflammation & soreness -- and speed muscle recovery.
    Some people make an occasion of out of it -- bringing a cup of tea and a book to their cold soaks.
I'm sorry say what?  You want me to try what?  YEAH UMMMMM that sounds more painful then the run itself!!!!  So I guess words can describe how I feel about this and really its just 3 simple letters: WTF!!!!
I have been mentally preparing myself for my longest run to date and the thought of this weekends 8 mi was insane enough but the recommendation to have a cold bath following the run is really well INSANE x infinity!!  So what am I going to do with this information ...
Well I am going to try it ... I'll let you all know how it goes ... if I survive 8 miles!

1 comment: